APS-3 Precision Satelite Surveying
The ALTUS Positioning Systems APS-3 is a high precision satellite receiver and communications unit specifically designed for the Surveying market. Integrated with state-of-the-art technology, the APS-3 provides surveyors high productivity, performance and flexibility.
DOWNLOAD SPEC SHEET>
• Single, rugged housing with all components for field survey and stake out
• State of the Art 66-channel AsteRx2 receiver with GPS and GLONASS
• Integrated satellite antenna for optimized satellite tracking
• Base or Rover configuration for standard equipment use
• Internal GSM Modem for connection to Real Time Networks
• Internal UHF or Spread Spectrum Radios for RTK ready units
• Easily Removable SD Card for raw Data Logging
• Bluetooth on-board for a cable free controller
• Allegro CX controller with Carlson SurvCE for efficient field survey
• Optional External Radio for greater transmission range
• Two Hot Swap Li-Ion batteries for continuous operation
• External Battery or Power Supply via cable for long sessions
• Open interface protocols for user interface with a desired controller
State of the Art Receiver
The APS-3 uses the AsteRx2 GNSS engine from Septentrio which measures both GPS and GLONASS constellations for robust and accurate satellite positioning. The advanced receiver technology includes Receiver Autonomous Integrity Monitoring, Multipath Estimation, and a standard output
rate up to 10 Hz. The APS-3 combination of a GNSS receiver with a matched internal antenna provides an integrated product with
optimal performance that is ready for use at turn-on.
Base or Rover Configuration
With the internal radio designed into each APS-3, any unit may be configured as a local base station to transmit corrections for RTK surveys without any change in hardware. For extended transmission range, external radios may be interfaced through a serial port.
Multiple Communication Choices
Surveyors have a choice of communications options that are all integrated into the single rugged housing. These communications options include: a GSM/GPRS modem for connecting to Real Time Reference Station Networks, a choice of either digital Spread Spectrum (900 MHz) or digital UHF (450-470 MHz) radios for local data transmissions, or the option to use an external radio through a serial port.
Hot Swap Batteries with Fuel Gauges
The APS-3 houses two batteries that may be hot swapped for continuous operation. The efficient APS-3 provides a full day’s operation from the two internal rechargeable Li-Ion batteries (7.2V, 5000mAh). Re-charging is done within a few hours with the included charger. All ALTUS batteries integrate fuel gauge technology to display current battery status. The unit may also be powered from an external ALTUS battery for extended operation.
Easily Removable SD Card for Data Logging
For ultra port– ability and data management, the APS-3 logs raw
data onto a removable SD card that is accessed easily through a convenient door. With the APS-3, getting data to the PC for post processing is simply a matter of inserting the SD card into the office PC, eliminating the need for cable downloads and additional software.
Bluetooth Controller—No Cables
Integrated Bluetooth provides cable free operation for use with a pole mounted data collection system with the ease of use and portability required for survey/GIS applications. Real time records are also logged on the controller and the user can do wireless transfer to a PC easily.
Altus believes in Open Architecture and the advantages that this brings to the market including the ability for users to “plug and play” and swap equipment when required, to create easy upgrade paths, and not to be “locked in” to any one supplier on the market. Due to our Architecture Philosophy, all our data interface protocols are publicly available and we are pleased to work with any suppliers to help them interface with the APS-3.